Gmsh

keqin zhang kenn2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 19:51:26 CEST 2000

Hi, I am a graduate student at Northwstern University
in USA. Right now I am using the Gmsh developed by
you.
I have two problems and wonder if you could help me
out.

1. how can I get detailed help document on how to
write a .geo file

2. when defining points, how to treat the
characteristic lengths? I tried a simple geometry,
when I choose smaller characteristic number (of
course,  resulting in more elements), an finite
element program, which has been used for long long
time, no longer can correctly set up elements and
nodes.

attached is a file, 5.geo, to illustrate the problems.
when E1=0.25*D, mesh can be generated, but later on I
can't use these meshes in finite element program
because of incorrect map of elements and nodes, when
E1=1.0*D, or E1=0.5*D, it can get through. E1 is
around the beginning of the file, 5.geo.

=====
kenn

friends come,
friends go