Geometry Import in GMSH

"Pedro Muñoz Palencia" Pedro_Munoz_Palencia at casa.es
Mon Oct 9 08:10:23 CEST 2000

Dear Sirs,
My name is Pedro Muñoz from EADS CASA-Spain.
CASA is the largest Spanish aerospace Company, integrated in the EADS (European
Aeronautic Defense and Space Company).
CASA has an important experience in the Composites manufacturing field,
providing important elements within the different EADS programs, specially in
AIRBUS.
Currently, we are  evaluating the LCMFLOT simulation SW from L3P, in order to
use it for RTM process analysis.
As part of this SW we use your GMSH meshing program ( for Windows NT), and we
would like to know if it is possible to import geometry to GMSH.
We understood from the information you provide, that this import  is not
possible today, however when you open the SW it seems to be possible to chose
STEP files in addition to ".geo" files.
We have tested this possibility with some STEP files comming from our CATIA
system, but it did not work.
CATIA is our CAD/CAM system and all the  parts are designed using it, therefore,
we think to recreate the original geometry in your system it is not the best
solution for us.
My questions  are, first to confirm if our test were correct (STEP is not
supported) and second to know if you have any plan to implement import
facilities in GMSH.

Looking forward to your news

Yours faithfully

Pedro Munoz