[Gmsh] Re:

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 1 09:10:06 CEST 2001

GLORIA PATRICIA CORREA LONDONO wrote:

> Greedings,
>
> I want to how to extrude with Gmsh, and haw to save the geometries I
> made.
> Because I use to save this, with save as and the next time that I use
> the program, when I open thid file, it get out of Gmsh.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gloria Correa

Geometries are saved automatically during their construction (all
geometry construction commands you issue interactively are appended to
the main project file). To save the mesh in the native Gmsh format, you
have to choose 'File->Save as->MSH'. Only the elements belonging to
physical groups are saved (see the comments in the first tutorial).
Extrusion and structured meshes are not yet well supported by Gmsh.
Examples on how to extrude and how to generate transfinite meshes are
given in the tutorials 3 and 6.

My best

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org