[Gmsh] Show by entity Number???

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jul 12 22:27:14 CEST 2001

trophime christophe wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to import a mesh from a third party format into gmsh.
> So I write down a small piece of code to generate a msh file...
> so far so good.
>
> But I wonder if it is possible to verify that my "translation" is good.
> I would like to see let's say the faces which have a specific elm-region
> code or a list of elm-region's. I have tried to use the "Show by entity
> Number"
> in Options/Mesh menu but it give me strange results (maybe my mesh is
> "wrong").
>
> How to use this feature if this is really what I need for drawing only
> certains
> parts of my mesh?

Yes. If you read a mesh from a file, the "Show by entity number" should
act as an on/off filter on the physical entity numbers. To show only the
physical region 99, you type

'*' <enter> (this toggles the visibility of everything. And since
everything was initially visible, it hides everything...)
'99' <enter> (this toggles the visibility of region 99)

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org
Fax: 32 (0) 4 366 29 10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be