[Gmsh] mesh size

Jean-Francois Remacle <remacle@scorec.rpi.edu> remacle at scorec.rpi.edu
Tue Jan 15 22:31:33 CET 2002

--
Jean-Francois Remacle, Research Associate
Scientific Computation Research Center     (518) 276-8045
Rensselaer Polytechnic Insitute
http://www.scorec.rpi.edu/~remacle
CII
110 8th Street
Troy, New York 12180-3590

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, gokha yesilyurt wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a volume mesh file using the
>gmsh and after the conversion of the mesh file format for the CFD code
>that
>I use, It gave error for the meshes that gmsh generated.
>Finally, with the help of the Pierre Ledac from  france,
>We figured out that the smallest size in the mesh file is not comparable
>with the others.
>That is to say, some meshes are too small compared to others.
>If is there anybody having an idea to .solve this problem, I will be glad
>to receive it.

Our 3D mesh generator does not produce meshes that are convenient
for CFD applications. We basically have turned off the mesh optimization
procedure because of a bug that I will have to find when I will find
time.

see our web site, in the FAQ section http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/FAQ :

5.6) The quality of the elements generated by the 3D algorithm is very
bad.

Yes, this is normal(!). At the time of this writing, we do not
post-process the 3D Delaunay mesh, so that some (typically 0.1 to
0.5%) badly shaped tetrahedra will likely subsist in any unstructured
3D mesh. This may/should be fixed in the future.

Best regards,

Jean-Francois.