[Gmsh] ssh and gmsh

Nicolas Moes nicolas.moes at ec-nantes.fr
Tue Mar 26 07:57:18 CET 2002

Hello,

I have some more infos concerning the use of gmsh through a ssh
connection.
I can connect to a remote machine using ssh, I run gmsh on this
machine to visualize some .pos located on this machine.
I can open a gmsh window but I cannot draw anything in it.

The problem is not due to the display setting :
ssh picks the right setting itself (whereas telnet does not).

The problem is not due to the ssh configuration parameters
(X11remoteDisplay is allowed in the ssh_config) and I am using
ssh -X

When gmsh tries to draw, the following line appears in the shell

XRequest.130: GLXBadRenderRequest 0xb

It seems the ssh connection cannot interpret
some evolved GL operations.

Thanks for your help.

--
Nicolas Moks