[Gmsh] out of memory

Olivier Ricou edf1 at ns2.freenix.org
Wed May 22 01:16:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

 I have doubts about this error message

  Fatal Error : Out of memory (buy some more RAM!)

I got it during a merge of a 2D result of 21000 lines (I don't have time
to open the mesh file which has only 2500 nodes and 4000 elements).
I'm suspicious because I don't see gmsh taking memory and I have 512 MB
with almost nothing running.

Is it possible to have more information, like

 Fatal Error : Out of memory (I needed x MB but I founded only y MB)

Is it a bug ? Do you really think I don't have enough memory ?

                                        Cordialement,

                                            Olivier.