[Gmsh] Version for Macintosh OSX?

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 12 04:05:55 CEST 2002

Fernando Lorenzo wrote:

> Dear sirs,
>
> I have ported a version of TOCHNOG to Macintosh OSX. I have read about Gmsh
> and its capabilities but when checking for either binaries or a version for
> OSX and could not find one. Is there one?

Not yet.

> Or else, is there the possibility
> of getting the binaries and contributing with a version that will work under
> OSX?. I have all the libraries required and will be willing to do that work.

Great, I'll send you a copy that almost works (the FLTK guys still have
to implement OpenGL font rendering for the Mac).

Though, before we can release Gmsh under the GPL, someone still has to
rewrite a bunch of numerical routines for which we cannot distribute the
sources. A possibility would be to use the GSL, but I personally find it
far too big... For example, does anybody on this list have a GPL'ed
singular value decomposition (SVD) algorithm?

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu