[Gmsh] Re: Mirroring

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Jul 6 01:19:19 CEST 2002

"A. Eigner" wrote:

> Hello Christophe!!!
>
> I4m working with your great programms (Gmsh and Getdp). Now I have
> simple a question. Is there a command for mirroring parts (Points,
> Curves, Volumes) in Gmsh?

There is the "Symmetry" command (Geometry->Elementary->Symmetry).
Unfortunately, it's only implemented for points/curves/surfaces and not
for volumes.

> (The nesting of Rotate commands is not
> possible, isn4t it?) Can I define different angles for the separate axes
> (ditto by the rotate command)?

I don't completely understand your question... You can always apply a
series of rotations, and specify the axis/angle for each rotation.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu