[Gmsh] Some questions from an user

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Mon Jul 15 19:35:07 CEST 2002

Gonzalo Gmhx Mataix wrote:

> Dear Prof. Geuzaine:
>
> I'm a PhD student from Spain.
>
> I have been trying to solve a problem for some days before sending this
> e-mail but i am unable to continue with my work.
>
> The question is that a post-file in ASCII doesn't work. The program says
> "File premature terminated". Could you test it? The file is formed by 1350
> point-vectors in a single view without text strings.
>
> The file is PRUEBA.POS

2 small problems:

- the version number set in $PostFormat is incorrect (replace 2 with
1.1: check doc/FORMATS)
- the end of the view is not found because there is a space before
$EndView (all $keyword tags should start at the first position on a new
line)

> Also, Could you indicate me a Reference of yours to include in my Thesis
> References in order to credit your work?.

There is no published reference for Gmsh yet... But you could use
something like:

@misc{gmsh,
  author =	 "C. Geuzaine and J.-F. Remacle",
  title =	 "{Gmsh}, a three-dimensional mesh generator with
                  built-in pre- and post-processing facilities",
  note =	 "\url{http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/}",
}

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org