[Gmsh] real coordinates

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 31 03:09:09 CET 2002

Gustavo Cordoba wrote:

> Dear gmsh user friends,
> I am a beginner user of gmsh, and I am really enjoin it.
> My goal is use this 3D mesh generator to apply it to a real topography.
> I have the x,y,z coordinates of such topograpfy which contains lot
> (really a lot: thousands!) of points.
> Please, any body of you knows how can I set in automatically way the
> gmsh format from a x,y,z coordinates? (0r better, from a CAD software)

Do you want to generate a triangulation from a set of input points? Gmsh
is not well suited for that job at the moment: it can only mesh
mathematically defined 1D, 2D or 3D geometrical entities. You might be
better off with the GNU triangulated surface library
(http://gts.sf.net)?

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu