[Gmsh] Need quick help in generating a 3D tetrahedral mesh of a cylinder (bug?)

Toshiro K. Ohsumi ohsumit at cs.rpi.edu
Wed Dec 4 08:07:27 CET 2002

Hello,

   I am using the latest gmsh, but it seems not to be able to generate a 3D
mesh given the attached cyl.geo file.  I am creating the top and bottom
circles (line loops 40 and 41) and the 4 panels make up the sides (the rest of
the line loops), I turn them into ruled surfaces then physical surfaces, then
volume, then physical volume.  I do not see why this does not work.  (What am I
doing wrong?)  Gmsh just keeps printint out Info : Relaxation factor = ...
followed by some message about coplanar points (but shouldn't the surfaces
contain coplanar points?).  Is this a bug?

   I am doing it this way since I need to be able to specify boundary conditions
on the ends of the cylinder as well as on the outer [curved] wall.

   I need to generate this soon (within a day or so), so any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Many thanks,

		- Toshiro K. Ohsumi

lc = 0.25;
Point(1) = {0.0, 0.0, -1.0, lc};