[Gmsh] Problems with Plugin

Peter Baumann KameBauKun at t-online.de
Thu Dec 19 01:07:40 CET 2002

Dear Christophe,

I'm just starting using gmsh and getdp for solving magnetic shielding problems in 3D.
Following the infos of the manual and the forum the first 3d-sim was successful (by the way ... great program!).
I now have a problem with the post-processing.
When I calculate a 3d scalar field, I like to make a cut (plane) through the simulated box.
As I could see from the tutorial (t9.geo) this should be possible by the plugin 'CutPlane'.
The problem is, there seems to be no plugin integrated in my gmsh. If I open the tutorial 't9.geo', only one view opens. A right click on the view button doesn't show 'Plugins'.

For the moment I'm using Windows 98SE with the newest versions of gmsh (1.36) and getDP (0.85).

Any idea what could be the reason?

Or any other idea, how to produce a plane cut through a 3d scalar field (without changing the whole geometry file)?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Baumann