[Gmsh] gmsh syntax

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 11 16:45:36 CET 2003

steffe at tiscali.it wrote:

> Does it exists a reference manual explaining the usage of all the gmsh instructions?

Unfortunately, no.

> I have seen the tutorial but I think that it does not deal with all the
> available functions (there are several reserved keywards which are not mentioned).
>
> In particular I am interested in the best way to define a set of macros
> associated with a few primitive solids (box, cylinder, ...) that I would
> be able to connect by saying (in example) that a planar face of solid 1
> is adjacient (giving some additional parameters for displacement and rotation)
> with an other face of solid 2.

Due to Gmsh's "bottom-up" approach such things can become quite
complicated (and especially tricky if the topology changes when you
modify some parameters). But you may still be able to do it by

- creating a function (or a separate include file) for each object
- keeping track, in each object, of the list of line and surface loops

Take e.g. a look at http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2003/000686.html

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu