[Gmsh] Information about mesh generating methods

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Sep 3 08:19:21 CEST 2003

Thomas Kalbacher wrote:

> Here comes my request: Can you please send me technical information about
> the mesh generating methods itself ?(tetrahedra and triangles).

Thomas - Both the 2D and the 3D unstructured algorithms are relatively
classical implementations of constrained Delaunay triangulations, using
the Bowyer algorithm for point insertion. For a good reference on this
technique, see for example P. L. George and H. Borouchaki, "Delaunay
Triangulation and Meshing", Editions Hermes, Paris, 1998. There are also
some comments on our particular implementation in the source code
(Mesh/2D_*.cpp and Mesh/3D_*.cpp).

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org