[Gmsh] How to enclose a point in a surface ?

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Sep 8 20:03:20 CEST 2003

philippe carette wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to impose a Dirichlet condition on a solid.
>
> So, i want to enclose points in the boundary, in view to declare the
> movings with those points.
>
> How can i do that ?
> Duplicate points, and translate one very close is a solution to get lines.
> But it's not very neat, and i should declare 2 moving, instead only one.
> perhaps, there exits some tip to do this task ?
>
> Thanks in advance for respond.

See http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh_2.html#SEC4 (2nd paragraph
and associated footnote). I that's not OK, you will have to select the
node by hand (e.g. using the Tools->Visibility browser--the box at the
bottom of the dialog permits to select arbitrary nodes/elements).

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org