[Gmsh] Names cofusing in the visibility window.

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Sep 18 00:21:56 CEST 2003

Antonio Manoel Ferreira Frasson wrote:

> In the visibility window the name of elementary entity is a crucial tool
> for me when I am making a geometry. But, in same cases, the GMSH make a
> confusion with the names of same elementary number but different kind of
> entity.

Antonio - There are no names in Gmsh's database--only numbers. So the
visibility browser simply tries to associate these numbers with the
variable names that exist at the end of the input file parsing. If you
want unique names, you will have to use unique numbers when you define
the elementary entities.

> Can you put a flag, please, and in the name of the visibility window,
> the names of points only appears point numbers and in the name of
> curves only appears curve names etc...? This will be a great help for
> me and I believe that for other people too.

Agreed. I'll keep your suggestion around for a future version.

Cheers,

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org