[Gmsh] Question

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 22 00:54:36 CEST 2003

Antonio Manoel Ferreira Frasson wrote:

> hi folks,
> In the visibility windown, the triangles numbers don't match with the
> mesh file. I am sending a example. You can see in this example that the
> 375 triangle in the visibility window  is the 318 in the .msh file.
> How can I fix this bug? Or are there some option that makes this two
> numbers be the same?

Yes: element numbers get changed when the file is written (since
elements can belong to several physical entities). To inspect a mesh the
easiest is thus to reload it from the file--then you'll see the actual
numbers that have been saved.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org