[Gmsh] unable to add point xxx (will try it later)

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 4 23:12:49 CET 2003

Robert Permann wrote:
> Hello Chirstophe,
>
> I have following problem:
> When try to mesh  concentric spheres with different volumes (attachment)
> I get the warning:
> unable to add point xxx (will try it later)
> and after some times gmsh crashes.
> I tried it with different characteristic lengths, but all the same.

Yep, I have the same problem here (although it works with "gmsh
spheremodel -clscale 7" and any larger value of clscale). I will add
your file in our bug directory.

In the meantime, for finer meshes, you can always play a little bit with
the random perturbation factor. For example,

gmsh spheremodel -clscale 3 -rand 1.e-3

works fine (and gives me around 180,000 tets).

Cheers,

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org