[Gmsh] mesh

Cristian Vimer cvimer01 at utopia.poly.edu
Fri Nov 14 16:43:10 CET 2003

Hi

My name is Cristian Vimer and I am a Doctoral Candidate in Civil Engineering at Polytechnic University in Brooklyn, NY. I am trying to model and analyze body parts and I have stl and igs files from scanning. The challenge now is to create a mesh with 3d elements that I can import to ADINA or other software to analyze it. I talked to the people from ADINA and they told me that using their software it is impossible to automatically generate a mesh based on the points or lines from my igs files. I was looking online and I read about your expertise in mesh generation and I hope you can help me with some advice. I saw also that you have developed a software that seem suitable for my application. is it possible to be used for something like this?
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Cristian Vimer
Polytechnic University