[Gmsh] errors.....

Ramesh Balakrishnan bramesh at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 17 04:52:54 CET 2003

Christophe,
Perhaps I am not following you. But the instructions you have given me
for transfinite (structured) grids do not work. I am appending the
untitled.geo file for this simple geometry.

The unstructured mesh works in a rather simple way by partitioning the
square into two triangles by drawing a diagonal. Is it possible to
increase the number of points inside the figure to get more triangles?

I would appreciate of you could give me a few more hints to generate
structured and unstructured grids.

Also, does each edge require a characteristic length. For instance, when
I go to mesh -> define -> transfinite, there are three options line,
surface , volume. Clicking on line brings up a window entitled
"Contextual mesh definitions". Under the tab transfinite line, I entered
100 (number of points) and 1 for progression. Then under volume it asks
me for the volume number. What do I enter here?

Sincerely,
Ramesh Balakrishnan