[Gmsh] Fatal Error GSL with Gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sun Jan 25 10:22:16 CET 2004

AMO Consulting wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  We have encountered a fatal error while running gmsh 1.44 on REdhat 8.0
> with Aster 7.0:
>
> On processor 0 : Fatal Error : Your GSL version (1.1.X) has a bug in the
> singular value
> On processor 0 : Fatal Error : decomposition code. Please upgrade to version
> 1.2 or above.
> On processor 0 : Fatal Error : You can download the GSL from
> http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/
>
> After upgrading to gsl1.4 the error still remains.

Then you are somehow still linking with the old library. You can check
by typing "ldd gmsh".

If you have installed the dynamic gsl libraries in a non-standard
location, you will probably have to add
'-Wl,--rpath,/path/to/dynamic/library' to 'LINKER' in gmsh's 'variable'
file and relink the code. Alternatively, you could edit the
'LD_LIBARY_PATH' environment variable or use the 'ldconfig' program to
reconfigure ld.

(Although the simplest solution is probably to either link with static
gsl libraries, or use the binary version available on
http://geuz.org/gmsh/bin/...)

Cheers,

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org