[Gmsh] Gmsh - General commands

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 10 16:16:11 CET 2004

christelle dassibat wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to achieve a 2D unstructured mesh and then use it in TRIO_U
> (CEA code).
>
> I have a question about a general command : I would like to duplicate
> and rotate Surfaces. Is there a command as newpt[] (tutorial t2.geo)
> available for Surfaces?

In t2.geo, "newpt[]" is not a command: it's just an array of numbers. I
think you are confusing this with "newp" (the command that returns the
next available point number).

> For the moment I use the command :
> Plane Surface(news) = Rotate { { 0,0,1 }, {0,0,0}, -2*Pi/3} { Duplicata
> { Surface{182} ; } };

This is wrong: you create a new surface ("news" is a command that gives
you the next available surface number) from a line loop that is actually
the rotated surface.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org