[Gmsh] Question about the Gmsh installation

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Apr 3 16:58:52 CEST 2004

zhang-jie00 wrote:

> Dear Qmsh's authors,
>
> I am a fresh user of the Gmsh. I've download the "Windows zip
> archive(95/98/NT/2000/XP)" from your web. If I just want the Gmsh to help me
> genarat a dam model but not compile the Gmsh, whether should I download all the
> GSL(>1.2), FLTK(1.1.x), Cygwin and so on?

No: you only need these if you want to recompile Gmsh from the source code.

> Another question is that:
> after I chose the Solver and clicked the GetDP, the Messages showed me:
>
> Info : Calling 'f:/zhangjie/other
> generators/Gmsh/GetDP/getdp-0.89.0-Windows/getdp.exe  "f:/zhangjie/other
> generators/Gmsh/gmsh-1.51.4-Windows/untitled.pro" -socket
> "c:/DOCUME~1/deng/LOCALS~1/Temp/.gmshsock-0"'
>
> GetDP : Loading   : Problem definition 'f:/zhangjie/other
> generators/Gmsh/gmsh-1.51.4-Windows/untitled.pro'
>
> GetDP : Warning   : No Resolution available
>
> GetDP : Warning   : No PostOperation available
>
> GetDP : E n d
>
> I do not kown why. I followed the installation README and paid attention to the
> cygwin1.dll problem.

It simply means that you are loading a problem definition file
(untitled.pro) that does not contain any resolution or postoperation.

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org