[Gmsh] Tetrahedrization routines in Gmsh

Mattias Liefvendahl mattias.liefvendahl at foi.se
Tue Apr 27 14:46:53 CEST 2004

Dear Dr. Geuzaine,
I am working in mesh generation, more specifically
moving grids, and am looking for open software for
tetrahedrization (I am also considering e.g, DIAMESH.
NETGEN and T3d).

I have downloaded Gmsh and have played a little with the tutorials.

Do you think it would be practical take some of the algorithms
(tetrahedrazation in particular) in Gmsh and incorporate
into other software (with due credits and references, of course).
Or maybe you have intended Gmsh to be used in its entirety,
seeing that there seem to be no documentation available on the
construction of the program, and few comments in the code.
In short, I am looking for something like Shewchuk's TRIANGLE,
but in 3D.

I'll be glad to send you more information about our
research projects.
Best Regards,
Mattias Liefvendahl

Mattias Liefvendahl