[Gmsh] Good 2D meshes

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri May 14 03:30:46 CEST 2004

Marco wrote:

> I have a problem. I am very happy with the possibilities of gmsh. It is
> really great but i find that meshes are absolutely awful !
> With another meshers like modulef from Inria, the producted meshes have
> a very good quality. For my applications, i want to have
> quasi-equilateral triangles and it is not the case with gmsh. So i want
> to know if there is special options in order to increase the quality of
> meshes.

- You can probably improve the quality a little bit by smoothing the
final mesh, i.e., by setting Mesh.Smoothing to something > 0. (The
default is 0.)

- I you're using Triangle (Mesh.Algorithm=3), you can specify the
quality the usual way (check Triangle's documentation to get the
explanation of the quality switches, and just put the string in
Mesh.TriangleOptions).

Best,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org