[Gmsh] StreamLines Plugin

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jun 24 17:05:12 CEST 2004

Nathan Masters wrote:

> Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
>
>> Nathan Masters wrote:
>>

>>> I have been trying to get the StreamLines plugin to work. Is it
>>> functional? I have vector data that is evenly spaced on the x-y
>>> plane. I would like to generate streamlines for this, but all I can
>>> get is a grid of points. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>> Hi Nathan - I have only tested it in 3D, but it should also work in 2D.
>> Note that the plugin only works with simplices at the moment
>> (triangles and tets): if you have hexas, prisms or quads, you should
>> run Plugin(DecomposeInSimplex) first.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Christophe
>>
> Thanks,
> That answers it. I have a field of vector valued points. Maybe I will do
> some further post-processing.

You might be interested in the latest nightly archive
(http://geuz.org/gmsh/src/): it contains a generalized
Plugin(Triangulate) that can transform vector valued
points into vector valued triangles. If your points lie
in a plane, it should return exactly what you need to
use the streamlines plugin.

Best,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org