[Gmsh] Duplicate Mesh

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 15 01:42:04 CEST 2004

Nicolas Tardieu wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The attached geometry represents 2 surfaces, one is the duplicate of
> the other. So the surfaces are geometrically "identical" and have
> same  meshing parameters. But when I compare the 2 produced meshes,
> they are different! But, of course, I want them to be the same! ;o) I
> remember that Gmsh have random tools to produce the mesh (edges
> swapping?), but I wonder if their is a way to get the code produce
> the SAME mesh (or to copy it?).

No--the only place where we do this at the moment is when we extrude a
surface mesh...

It shouldn't be too hard to implement, though. The best way would
probably be to add an optional parameter to the transformation commands
(Translate, Rotate, etc.), like the "Layer" stuff for extrusion commands.

C.

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech