[Gmsh] maillage sphere tetraedres

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 13 16:33:49 CEST 2004

Jean Vis wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:19:45 +0200
> MBarek Fares <Barek.Fares at cerfacs.fr> wrote:
>

>>Bonjour,
>>J'ai utilise avec succes gmsh pour les maillages surfaciques, par contre
>>j'ai des difficultes
>>a mailler une sphere en tetraedre. Peut etre ai je une erreur dans mon
>>fichier sphere.geo ci joint.
>>Je joins aussi la sortie du code gmsh.
>>Merci de votre aide.
>>
>>--
>>
>>MBarek FARES                          |        (fares at cerfacs.fr)
>>CERFACS - Electromagnetism Team       |        (+33) 61.19.30.68
>>31057 Toulouse Cedex - FRANCE         |
>>

> Hello,
> I don't no excactly why your sphere doesn't work.
> In interactive mode,when making the volume the program doesn't detect the closed set of surfaces.
> The problem maybee the angle of rotation equal to 2*PI.

Guys - it's a small bug in Gmsh's duplicate entity removal code (after
the rotation, some of the circle arcs are identical but are not removed,
which leads to an incorrect volume definition). I just fixed it in my
source tree--tomorrow's nightly archive will contain the correction.

Thanks!

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org