[Gmsh] Symmetry of a volume

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Tue Aug 31 02:17:14 CEST 2004

Marc Durufle wrote:

> I don't understand why it is forbidden to make a symmetry on a volume.
> Is there a technical point, which is difficult or ?
> It is something which can be useful, because i like to have symmetric
> meshes. And i see that Symmetry command is defined for points, lines or
> surfaces, and not for volumes.

It's not "forbidden": it's just not implemented... And it would indeed
be a nice thing to have (as well as a mesh copying option for all the
other transformation commands).

> It is really disappointing :-(

Well, the source code is available to anyone who wants to contribute ;-)

Best,

C.

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech