[Gmsh] coplanar points problem

Krishna Mohan Gundu gkmohan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:46:53 CEST 2004

Dear Christophe Geuzaine,

I have attached pcf1.geo file. It basically has six "holes" in a
planar slab. Note that, I realize these are not holes by gmsh
definition. I generated this file using a program. First I create a
slab, then subtract the holes one by one from it.

When I try to mesh it, gmsh gives coplanar points warnings, some other
error and does not generate a mesh. Along the suggestion given in this
forum I reduced the char. length for the hole nodes from 0.10 to 0.05
(pcf2.geo). It again gives me coplanar points warnings and errors like

Info    : 1/6: Edge 3082->1942 => 0 division(s)
Error   : Missing edge without any intersection (0.573162,0.190714,0)
(0.530627,0.193289,0)
It generates a mesh this time. What do the above error mean? Can I
reliably use the mesh despite the above errors? Also the resulting
mesh size is huge. Is there any intelligible way of controlling this?

Any help is appreciated. I am using gmsh 1.54.1.

thanks,
Krishna.