[Gmsh] Problem with Cygwin

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk
Sat Oct 30 06:58:35 CEST 2004

Nicolas Haefele wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have succeeded in using gmsh on a Windows XP. It worked well.
> In order to use getdp I installed cygwin on my computer and now gmsh
> doesn't work, the window containing the graphic view crashes, the lillte
> menu window is ok.
> Any ideas ???

Probably a clash of the cygwin1.dll DLLs after you installed cygwin.

I think gmsh (and getdp) comes with its own cygwin DLL and it should work
alright if it is in the same directory; ie, gmsh uses it own cygwin DLL before
it searchs for the system-wide DLL from cygwin.

Maybe you can check your setup as to the search priority.

Regards,
ST