[Gmsh] Gmsh Tensor Plugin Request

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Dec 5 20:12:06 CET 2004

Carl Osterwisch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Gmsh to post-process structural analysis results would be more
> convenient if there were a plugin to calculate maximum, mid, and
> minimum principal stress from a tensor view (as well as the von mises
> which currently exists).
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the code to do it myself but I would think
> it would work somewhat like the "extract" plugin and create 3 new
> vector views for the results labeled basename_maxprin,
> basename_midprin, and basename_minprin.

Carl - Good idea. If you send me a routine that, given a vector of 9
doubles representing a 3x3 tensor, computes the max, mid and min
principal stresses, I'll wrap it up a in a plugin.

Best,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org