[Gmsh] Combining post processing views.

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Dec 17 16:41:26 CET 2004

Timmy Schumacher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to do something like: gmsh -combine phitime*.pos
> where the star stands for 000, 001, 002, 003, ...  It works great, but is
> there a way to save the new view?

Sure: either in the GUI ('View->Save as->...') or in a script ('Save
View[xx] "filename";').

> Also, I have 4 solutions I would like to
> use OffSetX to plot the animations side by side, is there a way to merge 4
> copies of the mesh file and translate them so that each animation can be
> viewed along side the mesh?

No, you cannot merge the mesh multiple times.

But you can show the edges of the elements in the post-processing views
with 'Options->View->Visibility->Element edges'.

Hope this helps,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org