[Gmsh] parsed post-processing file: interpolation between points

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Feb 3 23:44:01 CET 2005

Fabian Dortu wrote:
>>/You have to generate a file that contains 2D (surface) elements (i.e.,
>>triangles or quadrangles)./
>>
> Does it mean I have to use "scalar triangle" (ST) and write an entry for
> each triangle?

Yes. You can also use "scalar quadrangles" (SQ).

> Is the order of the 3 points defining the triangle
> important?

It defines the orientation of the triangle...

>>/
>>If you don't have the topological information to create triangles or
>>quadrangles, and if all your points belong to a surface that can be
>>projected 1-to-1 into a plane, you can use the "Triangulate" plugin to
>>tessellate your data set./
>>
> I also have the topologicial information in a mesh file. Could the
> information from the mesh and from the data be combined? (I think this
> has already be discussed by Thomas Gazzola in a mail yesterday).

No, not with our current post-processing philosophy. If you want
different parts of your post-processing data to be handled separately,
just generate multiple views (you can store all your views in the same
file if you want to).

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org