[Gmsh] Sets of nodes

Charles Augarde charles.augarde at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 13:17:26 CEST 2005

I often use GMSH to prepare meshes for other FE programs that require
boundary conditions to be applied node by node, e.g. prescribed
displacments in solid mechanics.

Is there an "easy" way in GMSH to obtain lists of nodes and their
coordinates, along a Physical Line, say? I can see how one can obtain
lists of _elements_ associated with a physical entity such as a line or
a surface but cannot see how it can be done for nodes (or find anything
in the archive to help)?

Thanks in advance

Charles
--
Dr Charles Augarde              T:      (+44 or 0) 191 334 2504
School of Engineering           F:      (+44 or 0) 191 334 2390
University of Durham            E: charles.augarde at durham.ac.uk
South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE,UK    www.dur.ac.uk/charles.augarde