[Gmsh] Problem while saving a mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:36:53 CET 2006

Micaël Connesson wrote:
> Dear Gmsh developers,
>
> I meet a problem that puzzles me on GMSH:
> I generate a mesh from a .geo file and save it.
> I close then GMSH.
> I launch once again GMSH and edit the .msh file thus created, and choose
> Options/Mesh/Surface elements numbers: I get then duplicate elements
> number all over my mesh (as if every element was doubled in the file...)
> (and they are effectively, as the solver doesn't want to run a
> calculation on it...)
>
> I haven't been able to understand the reason of this... could you help
> me, please ?
> I thank you very much.
> Please, find in attachment the .geo and .msh files.

Hello Micael - There's nothing wrong with your mesh: it's simply that
you've created several physical entities that contain the same
elementary entities. (And if an elementary entity--say, a
surface--belongs to more than one physical entity, then the elements on
the surface will be saved in the .msh file one time for each physical).