[Gmsh] 3D array

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Mon Apr 17 18:03:17 CEST 2006

Ingo Reinhold wrote:
> Oh, I thought the manual is talking about sublists at some stage, which
> would then enbale the solution of my problem.

I would just do it like this:

lc=1;
//dimensions
xdim=5;
ydim=5;
zdim=5;

//random distribution
For i In {0:xdim-1}
For j In {0:ydim-1}
For k In {0:zdim-1}
array[i*ydim*zdim + j*zdim + k] = Fmod(Rand(1), 1);
EndFor
EndFor
EndFor

//check
For i In {0:xdim-1}
For j In {0:ydim-1}
For k In {0:zdim-1}
Printf("array[%g][%g][%g] = %g", i, j, k,
          array[i*ydim*zdim + j*zdim + k]);
EndFor
EndFor
EndFor

> Regards,
>
> Ingo
>

> On Apr 15, 2006, at 8:56 PM, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
>
>> Ingo Reinhold wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>> I am pretty new to GMSH and I tried to initialize a 3D array and
>>> fill  it with random numbers.
>>> lc=1;
>>> //dimensions
>>> xdim=5;