[Gmsh] FYI, Interesting Libraries from Sandia: CGM, Verdict

Pedro F. Giffuni pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 23:21:58 CEST 2006

Hi;

I thought I had suggested this libraries previously but I didn't find them
mentioned in the archives, here they go:

CGM        http://cubit.sandia.gov/CGM/cgm.html
"One of CUBIT's strengths is its ability to import and mesh geometry from a
variety of CAD packages. The CGM component currently integrates ACIS and Pro/E
geometry kernels directly within its code base, allowing direct manipulation of
the native CAD geometry format within CUBIT."

Verdict     http://cubit.sandia.gov/verdict.html
"The question of "what makes a good mesh" is a fundamental aspect of the CUBIT
mesh generation toolkit. As a result, significant research has gone into
defining quality metrics for which elements may be judged. Element quality
criteria are generally agreed upon standards for acceptance of a mesh for
simulation purposes. VERDICT, a separate module providing these quality
criteria, has been developed to help standardize these quality metrics."

Keep up the good work!

   Pedro.

---
     Pedro F. Giffuni
     M. Sc. Industrial Eng. University of Pittsburgh
     Mech. Eng.      Universidad Nacional de Colombia
---
Yahoo is powered by FreeBSD    http://www.FreeBSD.org/