[Gmsh] Iso-values and filled iso-values.

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Wed Jun 21 08:41:17 CEST 2006

billy at dem.uminho.pt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I send two figures in attachment one with iso-values and another with filled
> iso-values.
>
> I am trying to represent the filling of a cavity and I was wondering if Gmsh
> could produce a filled iso-values type plot but with a smooth surface in the
> flow front as iso-values (These plots were both truncated at the flow front).
>
> This may also maximize speed since only the outer surface would be represented.
> In the filled iso-values I do not understand why it shows the inside of elements
> when truncated.

Hi Billy - You're right: we should change the way the custom range works
with "filled" 3D plots. In the meantime, you can use Plugin(CutMap) with
  "ExtractVolume" set to 1 (or -1): this will generate a new view with
an actual "cut" on the flow front (an "iso-volume"). Then you could use
Plugin(Skin) to extract the outer surface.

Christophe