[Gmsh] help

g.ascanio at libero.it g.ascanio at libero.it
Thu Jun 29 19:59:49 CEST 2006

Hi, I'm Gianluca Ascanio.
I'm an aeronautical engeneer and I'm actually collaborating with the Aeronautics and Mechanics dept., Università di Roma La Sapienza.

We're interested in CFD flames simulation and I'm trying to create a 2D unstructured mesh of a coaxial injector, as you can see in the attached .geo file.

It's the first time I use gmsh (and I've always dealt with structured meshes...), so I can't understand why everything works fine if I use a low resolution (refining factor k>=7, LC=cost*k), but if I use a lower characteristic length (higher resolution) gmsh is no more able to compute the mesh.

The error message returned is
"Colinear points in circum circle computation.
Initial mesh is wrong. Try the new isotropic algorithm."

which goes in loop...

Please, can you explain me what happens???

Thank you in advance,

Gianluca