[Gmsh] 3D element size

Dries Kimpe Dries.Kimpe at wis.kuleuven.be
Wed Aug 9 19:43:18 CEST 2006

  Hi,

I'm experimenting with gmsh, and in 2D everything works great.
The 2D mesh is a square plane, in which the bottom line needs to
have fine elements, while the top of the plane needs coarse elements.
In between the elements should go gradually from fine to coarse.

For 2D meshes, this works. However, I cannot reproduce this in 3D.
The elements on the inside (in the volume) do not exhibit a gradual increase from
fine to coarse. Did anybody succeed in accurately controlling element density in 3D meshes?

The attached picture shows my problem.
I would like to have a more gradual increase in element size... How can I do this?

  Greetings,
  Dries Kimpe