[Gmsh] Quadtratic tets

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Thu Aug 24 03:08:02 CEST 2006

Zippy pinhead wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've got some code that reads  .msh files but fails when it comes to 2nd
> order tet's
> Could someone please tell me what the node/face ordering GMSH uses for
> it's second order Tetraheral elements.

The ordering of the nodes is given in section 9.3 of the reference
manual. For second order elements, the first order nodes are given
first, followed by the nodes associated with the edges, followed by the
nodes associated with the quadrangular faces (if any), followed by the
nodes associated with the volume (if any). The ordering of these
additional nodes follows the ordering of the edges and quadrangular
faces given in section 9.3.