[Gmsh] gmsh2 and opencascade

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:46:27 CEST 2006

Jose M. Sancho wrote:
> Hi Cristophe:
>

> 	Are you going to give up FLTK in Gmsh2 to use OpenCascade ?

No: We are just going to use the OpenCascade kernel to access CAD
representations--nothing will change in our GUI, graphics, etc. And
OpenCascade will be optional: just like Gmsh supports optional external
mesh generators (Triangle, Netgen, Tetgen), it will support an optional
external CAD engine.

> 	In the nightly release there is no trace of OpenCascade yet, right?

Not yet, but most of the architecture work is done.