[Gmsh] Periodic Boundary conditions

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Mon Dec 4 15:11:06 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to solve an EM problem with a scatterer inside a 3D cubical
space. I have PML on two opposite faces of the cube, and want to implement
periodic boundary conditions on the rest. Based on the other posts on the
same topic, I came to the conclusion that I need to make the periodic
boundary faces, 2D transfinite surfaces. However, on meshing, gmsh gives me
a 3D tetrahedral grid in the scatterer ... but only a surface grid on the
cube. What am I doing wrong ? Do I need to define the volume between the
scatterer and the cube, a transfinite volume ?

Thanks

Rgds,
Amit