[Gmsh] Assigning material properties to a mesh

jmb365 jmb365 at bright.net
Tue Dec 5 00:38:52 CET 2006

Hello,

I have a very simple model consisting of a cubic block, meshed with 3D
hexahedral elements.  I would like to assign material properties to it.
 Is this possible in Gmsh, such that I can import it into Impact?  I
have attached my attempt at a geo file it to this message.  It is based
on the lid.geo file available on the Gmsh Wiki page.

Is there a tutorial for the GUI besides what is available at
"http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/gui_tutorial/" that explains how to build
models to higher level of complexity?  Also I would like to understand
the concept of "Elementary" v/s "Physical" entities.  Since I am biased
by the use of some commercial codes, I do not understand the difference
between an Elementary point versus a Physical point.  Could you explain
please?

Thank you.
JMB