[Gmsh] Importing and meshing a STEP model in Gmsh 2.0.0

jmb365 jmb365 at bright.net
Tue Feb 6 14:06:18 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to import a STEP file from the tutorial at the CAELinux
website which a solid model of a piston.

Apparently, the step import process fails to recognize that there is a
volume.  It does import all the faces, I think.

I have 2 questions:

A.  How can I turn on a shaded view of all the surfaces so I can check
for completeness (i.e. no holes)?

B.  Can somebody please try this model and tell me if you are
encountering the same problem I am (tetrahedral meshing fails)?  The
file is attached to this email.  Or if you are successful guide me as
what I am doing wrong, please.

Thanks
JMB