[Gmsh] About Scaling

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Mar 2 15:18:43 CET 2007

Hi Cécile,

gmsh-2.0.0 uses by default the netgen 3d meshing algorithm, which as you found it has a bug when you scale up the geometry and/or work with big objects...

first solution: keep gmsh-2.0.0 but use the 3D Delaunay algorithm: Tools -> Options -> Mesh -> General -> 3D Algorithm -> Delaunay

second (and best) solution: be one of the first to download ( http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/bin/Windows/gmsh-2.0.4-Windows.zip )and try the new 2.0.4 version (which uses by default the 3D Delaunay meshing algorithm !

Cheers,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.