[Gmsh] Linux installation problem with gmsh 2.0.4

Marco Messina mmessina at deis.unibo.it
Thu Mar 8 14:46:01 CET 2007

Hello!
I have been using gmsh (currently  v1.56.3 on a Linux  PC (Linux
2.6.12-10-386 GNU/Linux) ) for around one year and I must say it is a
very good program for building meshes!! Thanks for realising the code
under the GNU licence!!

I downloaded both the source and the exe for Linux of the new version
(2.0.4), but as soon as I try to mesh the file in  tutorial/t1.geo, I
have the following error:

Info    : Reading 't1.geo'
Info    : Read 't1.geo'
Info    : Meshing 1D...
Info    : Mesh
Info    : Meshing 2D...
Info    : Meshing surface 6 (Plane)
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest
Fatal   : Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)
        : ------------------------------------------------------
        : You have discovered a bug in Gmsh! You may report it
        : by e-mail (together with any helpful data permitting to
        : reproduce it) to <gmsh at geuz.org>
Info    : Writing '/utenti/messina/.gmsh-errors'

The same file tutorial/t1.geo runs smoothly with gmsh version 1.56.3 (I
need simply to comment the line
"Physical Surface("My fancy surface label") = {6} ;").

I compiled gmsh 2.0.4 with the following options:

./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-gsl-prefix=/utenti/messina/lib

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks and Best regards,
Marco Messina