[Gmsh] Error with Data source

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 11 19:20:45 CEST 2007

GUITON Martin wrote:
> Thank you very much for your answer. I send you in attached files a
> 2D example: one file is for the displacement and the other is for the
> scalar variable I want to map onto the deformed mesh.

Hello Martin - The problem comes from the fact that the vector dataset
contains more elements than the scalar dataset (it contains line
elements, whereas the scalar dataset does not).

Solution 1: use e.g. the "Remove" plugin to delete the line elements in
the vector dataset.

Solution 2: instead of visualizing the vector dataset and changing its
aspect with "View->Aspect->Vector display" and "View->Aspect->Data
source", you can hide the vector dataset and visualize the scalar
dataset. Then, you can deform the scalar dataset with "View->Offset->Use
general transformation" and choose the vector dataset as the data
source. Since the scalar data set does not contain the "extra" lines, it
will just deform the triangles... and the lines in the vector view will
remain unused.

Hope this helps,
Christophe